Research Project: Buddy Tracking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks to everyone who has done the survey and left comments.

i am taking all things said into consideration and applying it to my research paper.

it is always a great thing to get other people's insight into my design proposal, especially people that are more experienced in the sport than i am.

once again thanks to everyone and i am taking your suggestions to help me obtain the best possible solution i can get.

Done and I would be interested in a summary of results too! Enjoy your diving.

Alison

woops maybe too late - should have read to the end!

• The price has no bottom range. I might only pay $0-100 for a device.
  • The rental price has no bottom range. I might only pay $0-10 to rent such a device.

My thoughts, as well.

Done and I would be interested in a summary of results too! Enjoy your diving.

Alison

woops maybe too late - should have read to the end!

lol. still have a while before i close the survey down to analyse the results and write the report.

so to anyone reading this survey is still up and working. will post when it has finished.

Not sure how I missed this one but if their is anything I can do to help let me know. We make a device that is used to find your buddy or find the anchor line or whatever...I'd say we've been pretty successful.

It only gives you: distance and direction
*direction you have to find out but I'll explain that in detail if you want.

Devices are fun, but.... the best buddy tracking device is a system where one diver works and the other pays attention to the working diver. The oversite diver can be a recorder, but their job is to know where the working diver is at all times. Two divers working at the same time will not pay attention to each other. Between the tunnel vision of the mask, visability issues and their focus on the task being performed they will not know what their buddy is doing.

A tracking device is really going to be a recovery device if a budy team is not paying attention to each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom