Rescued my buddy today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are a wonderful rarity in the dive world! You stayed with your assigned buddy and took care of him when needed.

A GREAT BIG ATTA GIRL to you!

nice work thats what Buddy's are for :D

This does not surprise me in the least. I have the pleasure of knowing Bratface personally. Her competence and her willingness to help others is well known among those of us who know her.
Great job my friend.

Wow. Just simply WOW! I hope that I can get to know others in the dive community that are as patient and non-critical as you are. You said in the other thread that when I was down in the Key's if I needed a buddy to look you up. I for sure will do that if I get down to Key West. Thank you very much for the person you are!

You did a very good thing.
He was very lucky he had you as a buddy.

And now don't you feel good about yourself that you were able to help a fellow diver
out in his time of need.

Good work,
Jim breslin

Gosh everyone, I didn't expect such a response. Your words are too kind (blush). There is one thing I want to point out which came in a private message to me from Papa Bear. He also gave me pats on the back for helping out the buddy but also reminded me about DROPPING THE WEIGHTS. I was thinking for all three of us while doing the rescue,, and I didn't think to do that which would have made things much easier.

So, if you find yourself in a similar position to help a buddy or yourself, be sure to remember to drop your weights. Thanks Papa Bear for that timely reminder, and thanks everyone for your responses. Safe diving to all of us.

My wife is my dive buddy. She is a very nervous diver. she doesn't like below 25 ft. I don't push her, and we have ended about 7 or 8 dives because she is nervous. She is getting better now though, mostly because we dive the same place.
I have a friend getting his OW cert this next weekend, so she will have competion for the dive buddy spot.
ALWAYS dive within the capacities of the weakest diver, using each dive as a teaching/confidence building experience. For them and yourself

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom