Rescued my buddy today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like Herman I have 20 - 30 dives with Bratface.

She will be there for you - no questions asked.

Good job my friend!

This is so nice to read. Much better than the threads bashing new divers. Kudos to you for a job well done.

Good job!

Can I give you a great big hug too? :D

Gosh everyone, I didn't expect such a response. Your words are too kind (blush). There is one thing I want to point out which came in a private message to me from Papa Bear. He also gave me pats on the back for helping out the buddy but also reminded me about DROPPING THE WEIGHTS. I was thinking for all three of us while doing the rescue,, and I didn't think to do that which would have made things much easier.

So, if you find yourself in a similar position to help a buddy or yourself, be sure to remember to drop your weights. Thanks Papa Bear for that timely reminder, and thanks everyone for your responses. Safe diving to all of us.

Well Done

Re: dropping weights, while ditching weights is an important consideration IN AN EMERGENCY, this was not truly an emergency situation. The diver was in some distress, you established bouyancy WITHOUT the inconvenience of lost gear. The diver got back in the water for a second dive.

Do not second guess yourself, you did everything right, ditching weight is a good tool to have in your toolbox, but this was not the time to use it.

you forgot to mention that she's HOTTT, too. :)

True or not - I wouldn't make that sort of comment about a female friend.

Esp. an RN that has forgotten more ways to eliminate someone that I will ever know!!!

Great job Bratface that was a textbook rescue, you did everything just perfect. We need more divers like you.

Bratface, you are a credit to insta-buddies everywhere. Thanks for your report.

True or not - I wouldn't make that sort of comment about a female friend.

Esp. an RN that has forgotten more ways to eliminate someone that I will ever know!!!

wus! J/K

I did and I will make comments like that about women friends. :)

You know her, I only got to see her picture. HOTT! I tell ya! :)

Back
Top Bottom