Rescue Diver Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The dive day is typically a sure cure for insomnia...

I thought the same thing and even told my Instructor " I'm gonna sleep good tonight"
I couldn't fall asleep till after midnight... I just kept thinking about the class over and over.

I thought the same thing and even told my Instructor " I'm gonna sleep good tonight"
I couldn't fall asleep till after midnight... I just kept thinking about the class over and over.

Hmmm...note to self, pack sleep aide just in case! It's usually the night before a dive that I can't sleep...not the night of...but you never know!

So far so good. I got 50 out of 50 on the exam. Our class is doing pool time and lake time. We spent 4 hours in the pool the other day. It was a lot of fun. I especially liked playing victim. :D

Now I have a couple weeks before the lake to forget everything I've learned so far. :shocked2:

You will be glad you did but likely after the class

Its not a "fun" class - at least for me - but very worthwhile and will make you a better and safer diver

Just my opinion, but I think if you are going to be a serious diver you should have this certification

Course completed! :D

One question I have is why didn't the pizza delivery guy ever show up, and how many free pizzas do you think we'll get?

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, they had us yell, "Call for Pizza!" instead of, "Call 911!" so we wouldn't have bystanders that had no idea we were in training calling an ambulance. :D

It was a really good class! We learned a lot. I don't tire easily in the water but I still slept good.

Congrats! :D

My GF and I took the class/pool session and are now waiting for the EFR class before doing the final test at the lake. We both are looking forward to getting this cert under our belt and having the knowledge in the old grey matter in case we ever run into a situation that it is needed.:wink:

I finished the class room stuff and EFR class a few weeks ago.

My open water dives are this weekend and I am really looking forward to it.

Have fun with it and remember to watch out for impromptu "Emergency Situations".
Every now and then they would try and pull a fast one like having a diver with our group wander off or act like they were in trouble to see if we followed our training.
The hardest part is trying to give rescue breaths after removing your victim's BC without drowning them. If your victim isn't very bouyant even in a 3 mil, getting high enough out of the water to administer the breaths without dunking their head is a B1OTCH! :shocked2:

Congrats! I finished my Rescue OW last weekend as well. Definitely the most tiring, exhausting and best class out there. I am not a young pup by any stretch of the imagination and as for fitness, let's say I need to work at it. After reading the book and discussing different scenarios, I knew I was in for a long day. After the OW session, I was physically exhausted but mentally focused on everything around me. What I found amazing is the way I began looking at my surroundings.

There were 8 of us in the class. After the final scenario, 5 of the 8 left. The remaining 3 had a bite to eat and went back for another "easy" dive. Divehearts was there with a group so our mental intensity as we approached the water amazing watching these folks and making mental notes of "what might go wrong". Brought a totally new awareness of what was actually going on. After our 45 minute dive, we dragged ourselves out of the water and discussed the days activities. We were amazed at what each of us observed after the class. Future dives are going to have a whole new perspective...and it won't be the dives themselves. It will be the pre-dive, the equipment inspection, buddy checks, etc and probably most significant difference will be watching/checking the psychological mannerisms of the other divers.

I would recommend that Rescue is the minimum cert level each diver should strive towards. You will not regret it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom