Rescue checkouts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

espantoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am doing my PADI Rescue Diver checkouts this weekend. I am really excited about continuing my dive training and education. Any suggestions or pointers for getting the most out of the training?

Make sure you don't have 6' waves when doing in-water resuscitation...some of us did..

Just relax and learn what your limitations are. Remember that you don't have to do it all yourself. Think and observe. Use all that is available to you. Enjoy. Rescue is a tough class but very much worth it.

I loved my rescue class. It is a long day but a great day. Get lots of rest. Are you taking the padi class?

Mark -- It doesn't seem to display, at least in Firefox. Could you post the prior link, the one that then let you choose the refresher link?

markfm:
Mark -- It doesn't seem to display, at least in Firefox. Could you post the prior link, the one that then let you choose the refresher link?

Easy way - switch to the dark side and use Micro$oft IE to view

Hard way - hunt for 10 minutes through the NOAA Diving Programs website until you find the Training & Certification - Annual Refresher page and then click on the Rescue Techniques link.

Super easy way - but then you miss a lot of good info from NOAA (your tax dollars really are well spent here) - ask the original poster to do the hard way for you.

http://www.ndc.noaa.gov/tc_refresh.html

Enjoy
Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom