Requesting Validation in My Understanding of a Concept from Mark Powell's "Deco For Divers"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally released in 2008 but revised in 2014.
Still perhaps overtly positively slanted towards the bubble models (which, to my impression, seems to have been rather thoroughly debunked these days). But that is to be expected if you want to follow proper scientific procedure.

Me, I'd be much more clear about my opinion on an informal forum like SB than I'd be if I were to make a formal publication. Even a pop sci publication.

I have to say that I found the reading of "deco for divers" very hard exactly for this issue, namely the poor labelling of graphs. And, yes, as a researcher in engineering, it annoyed me so much.

Still, the qualitative explanation is excellent, and I understood many concepts when I first read it, which is why I would recommend it to others (adding my personal comment: graphs are crap).

My pet peeve: the last table column is not M.

wkmn.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom