Request: SoCal Lobster site help for a PNW visitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Bug Hunters,

Later this week, I'm visiting a friend who lives in Southern California, and we were thinking of doing a coupla lobster dives over the weekend. Only thing is, he hasn't lived there long, and doesn't know which shore dive sites are likely to produce a few bugs. He's a Lt. Cmdr in the Navy and serves at Port Hueneme (near Santa Barbara?), so if anyone can advise as to somewhere in that neighborhood, we'd appreciate it. And any hunting tips would be appreciated too. We both have done a fair amount of crabbing up here in Puget Sound, and have a good lobster bag, but zero lobster experience.

Thanks!

* Reposted from the Hunting Forum

Actually, Port Hueneme is near Ventura, between LA and Santa Barbara, and there are a few dive charters that leave out of Ventura Harbor such as the Spectre, which goes to Anacapa Island. I don't know about any shore dive sites in Ventura County though.

I'm not a bug hunter so I can't really give you any advice other than to obtain a fishing license as the fines can be rather steep. Check elsewhere in the SoCal forum as this and other related topics have been recently discussed.

Spectre or Explorer out of Ventura Harbor or there are some shore dives off of Malibu, which is south of you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom