reputable brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We dove last year with 7mm jackets - pretty comfy at ave water temp of 78. I was thinking of getting a 3mm jacket for myself to drop some weight off my belt but can't find a good Henderson price in XL online. Any other good reputable brands? I heard Pinnacle was good? Also my son is thinner than me - A LOT:D - so he gets colder ... Should I stay with a 7mm for him or possible go to a 5mm or 3mm?

Thanks

Stan:wink:

Pinnacle, Henderson, ScubaPro, O'Neill, Body Glove.....all good

Also Bare, Mares, XS Scuba, Akona

Unless you are too warm (if there is such a thing), I wouldn't change my suit just to drop weight. If the water temps require 7mm suits, then wear them and deal with the weight. I am under the belief that warmth trumps all. I have a bare that seems fine. I don't know that there is that much of a difference between wetsuit manufacturers. Maybe I'm just ignorant to the differences.

I've got a Pinnacle wet suit (3 mil Elstiprene non-Merino), and a Pinnacle Freedom 2 dry suit.

I find the pinnacle suits exellent (high quality construction), their customer service is exceptional, and the suits can be found at a very reasonable price if you know where to look. They have also just been bought by Zeagle, another good company, so I think they will continue to make a superior product.

As to what thickness and level of warmth one requires, that is personal and varies quite a bit from person to person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom