Report from Turkey :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few shots

This is Heiropolis

The road that leads to the castle on the hill, a theater and the ruins from a Church
DSC_4247.jpg

Piece of a column along the way, I wanted to find a way to take it home for a coffee table...hehe
DSC_4223.jpg

DSC_4249.jpg

DSC_4254.jpg

Theater
DSC_4274.jpg

Remains of the Church
DSC_4262.jpg

So many remains scattered through out the area.
DSC_4267.jpg

These shots are from Keratepe the 800bc Hittite Castle

"Open Air Museum"
DSC_4122.jpg

DSC_4177.jpg

DSC_4178.jpg

DSC_4186.jpg

DSC_4196.jpg

DSC_4198.jpg

DSC_4201.jpg

Wow Robert! Beautiful pictures! It reminds me of ruins in the south of Mexico, or in Cambodia - only different :)! Thanks for sharing!

Yes, amazing shots! I loved all the detail about your dinner experience...I feel like I'm traveling vicariously. :D I can't wait for the next report and pics. :popcorn:

Thanks for posting this trip report Robert. Turkey has always been a destination I plan to visit someday. What prompted this trip for you?

Thanks for posting this trip report Robert. Turkey has always been a destination I plan to visit someday. What prompted this trip for you?

I am here visiting my Fiancee you see there in some of the photos... She is active duty AF and we are blessed that I am able to come out for a month. It certainly helps that the room and board taken care of!

Her being AF has its ups and downs as we are apart over half the time but we have been able to do some things that we would not have other wise.... She was stationed in Aviano, Italy before coming here to Incirlik. There in Italy we spent time skiing in the Italian Alps, a week on the coast in Cinque Terre and Carnival in Venice.. Thats a whole other trip report!!! Next June we are moving to Germany for 3 years as well!

Absolutely awesome, Robert. Great trip report and pictures. Thanks for sharing with us, please keep it coming!

Back
Top Bottom