Replacing trunk floor in SUV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking on line I see a two piece replacement and it looks like they slide into guides, you may be able to make something to stiffen them, I use the sound with the rear seat folded for diving, and the replacement floor works great and is fairly flat, easily hauls tanks and lead and all the other crap needed for cold water diving for two people. Maybe the two piece replacement is more ridged??

the plywood can do the same thing if fitted right.

That is for the higher tier model. Mine doesn't appear to be molded to support the two piece floor system. My 2016 had that system. Which might be why the floor was better.

That is for the higher tier model. Mine doesn't appear to be molded to support the two piece floor system. My 2016 had that system. Which might be why the floor was better.
That’s to bad, maybe try some 3/8” marine plywood with a few stiffeners screw in/on the bottom.

Use a piece of exterior grade 3/4" plywood. Draw around the original panel for a template.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom