Replacing DUI rockboots with Converse All Stars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funnily enough, my AOW Instructor told me that i could cut some corners and use a pair of old chucks instead of wetsuit boots.....they keep you from getting blisters from the fins/straps, but don't function so well in the 'keeping the feet warm' category...

Now if they just weren't so popular so the price would go back down....its cheaper to buy a pair of booties the way chucks are selling now :(

renpirate, wish i would have known, i would have saved a lot of money, two pairs of finns later i finnaly am happy with my DUI rock boots and turtle finns, converse would have been SOOOOO much cheaper!!! by the way sorry i have been such a horrible flake, missed the weekend dives with the (BLECH) flu!!!! so dont give up on me, really i am not normally this way, not at all like scubajunkee ,lol, just joking erickson!!!!:D

I have used Chuck Taylors for a couple of years now. My first set of Chucks lasted about 100 dives before they started wearing a hole through them (right around the heel). I prefer wearing a pair that is 1.5 sizes bigger than my actual shoe size to have room for two pairs of thick socks.

jim ernst:
renpirate, wish i would have known, i would have saved a lot of money, two pairs of finns later i finnaly am happy with my DUI rock boots and turtle finns, converse would have been SOOOOO much cheaper!!! by the way sorry i have been such a horrible flake, missed the weekend dives with the (BLECH) flu!!!! so dont give up on me, really i am not normally this way, not at all like scubajunkee ,lol, just joking erickson!!!!:D

No worries Jim! We'll dive eventually.

Yeah, I am liking my converse. I will be replacing the shoe laces soon though. I also may sow a strap on the back to pull them on like the DUIs.

may i just interject that

if that's ken - damn, you're hot! if it isn't - damn, whoever you are, you're hot! :wink:

Later for the Chucks.. I keep it real.. I rock my DUI with shell top Adidas with fat laces .. ditch my mask for some Gazelle glasses. Nothin like old school baby. Word!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom