Replacing DUI rockboots with Converse All Stars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate:
. So, I broke down and bought a pair of all black Converse All Stars. They seem to fit a whole lot better than my rock boots did. So my question is how many other people out there wear them?

60077336.10_23_04catalina0005_r1.jpg

On a similar note, for those that have had to go to XXL Jetfins to accomodate their rockboots, has anyone tried something bigger like an army boot to fill up that massive foot pocket a little better?

Mr.X:
More than perfect walking shoes to stroll down to Big Olafs, or for going straight to Descanso Beach bar! X - Old Tyme Catalina Guy

ANY shoe is the perfect Big Olaf shoe, my friend.

ANY shoe. :10:

---
Ken

Finally dove with them. I made the mistake of not taking the insoles out for the first dive and my toes got pinched pretty bad. After pulling out the soles, an arduous task involving much cursing and wierd looks from fellow divers, they worked just fine. Now that I see a proud Mo2vation and his pair, I no longer feel any stigma involved :D

They really are much more comfortable to walk around in.

David P:
That is too funny. I'd love to see the a pair of Chucks big enough to fit over my dry suit feet! They don't make Allstars big enough for me to wear on the street. What is really funny is that you can buy a pair of size 4 and Chucks will look huge, so imagine size 16! What would I need for my drysuit, 20?

Do you even need fins?

bladephotog:
I've got a pair of all black, including the rubber parts, that I started wearing this year. I should've gotten a pair with the flames though.

I'm thinking of ordering a special pair with the ole jolly roger now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom