Replacing drysuit suit seals tool question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm going to swap out my wrist seals on my drysuit during this down time. I watched some you tube video's on it and it seems like my plan was mostly right. My question is in the video's they are using a small roller to fully seat the seals. What is the product name and what do I want to look for in said roller?

You might want to consider using a replaceable seal system like the sitech quick cuff instead of installing another set of wrist seals. It you are not familiar with these, they not only allow you to change seals, but also to use dry gloves.

The installation is also easier and of course you only have to do it once. A downside is some people don’t like the hard rings.

You might want to consider using a replaceable seal system like the sitech quick cuff instead of installing another set of wrist seals. It you are not familiar with these, they not only allow you to change seals, but also to use dry gloves.

The installation is also easier and of course you only have to do it once. A downside is some people don’t like the hard rings.

That's exactly what I'm putting in. Oval Permanent Wrist System

What do you need the roller for?

last one I did, I wished that I had used a hose clamp to hold it on while drying.

if you are doing the oval, you can also use the rolock 90 system which is way superior than the ultima or sitech systems.

What do you need the roller for?

last one I did, I wished that I had used a hose clamp to hold it on while drying.

if you are doing the oval, you can also use the rolock 90 system which is way superior than the ultima or sitech systems.

the issue with the rolock 90 is only one US company seems to carry rolock and they don't carry the 90 and cannot or will not order one (I asked). I'm going to try the fourth element ellipse system and see if it works well. It's new so a bit of risk but reasonably priced so if I don't like it past the return period I'm not out a lot and will order the 90 from overseas.

From what I can tell they did fix the alignment issues, but time will tell for certain.

I just did the exact same thing for mostly the same reason, although I switched from neoprene seals to the PU rings (same rings as what your looking at) for the Ultima Dry Glove System.

Round 2 Gluing PU Rings for Ultima DGS

I'm not the 1st person to go down that road, but the pictures might help you some. I just dove mine for the 1st time last Sunday, worked great. 100% dry.

Back
Top Bottom