replacing 2nd stage hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarbonZTT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, quick question. I want to use my R190 reg as an octo and have a 39" hose for it. Looks like its easy enough to swap out for a diy. Does it just unscrew from the reg? Anything I should watch out for?

unscrew, swap.

Don't CRANK down the new hose. It's an o-ring seal. Just hand tight, and 1/4 - 1/2 turn.

Thanks man, took care of it.

Amazing that some LDS's charge $15 for that.

$30??? you need a better LDS. Most around here will do it for free if you buy the hose from them. The only real thing to watch out for is to get the hose started with your fingers and screw it up until it seats then SNUG it, there is no need for it to be really tight.

the place that quoted me is not a shop i often use. They just sell a few things others don't around me, unless i want to drive a bit.

PerroneFord:
Amazing that some LDS's charge $15 for that.

I understand that charging for stuff like that is normal and you'd pay 'minimum fees' at any other type shop, such as a TV repair shop, but dive shops have to learn that doing a $15 (or $30) hose replacement job for "free" will just pay off for the shop in the long run in repeat business on other purchases, etc. Especially on customers who are in there a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom