Replacement of E/o cord with something less expensive and more available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard Dayan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So far, I have bought more than 20 E/O cords that cost around $130 each. I want to stop using them because their cost is prohibitive to Research and development projects.

I have used Deutch DT with great success, but those connectors are time consuming to build.

other connectors I'm looking at but didn't try yet are M20 (china) and Duraline USA

Any suggestions?

I know a few people using them without issue

I know a few people using them without issue
Thats perfect thank you, do you have a link for the dummy plugs? The E/o dummy plugs are $45-55

So far, I have bought more than 20 E/O cords that cost around $130 each. I want to stop using them because their cost is prohibitive to Research and development projects.

I have used Deutch DT with great success, but those connectors are time consuming to build.

other connectors I'm looking at but didn't try yet are M20 (china) and Duraline USA

Any suggestions?
Which Deutsch DT connectors are pressure rated? I make a lot of DT connectors and while they're splash proof, I didn't know any of them were true pressure rated

I made them pressure rated by filling the back boot with silicone sealant and filling the other parts with silicone grease using a grease syringe. They are excellent but too much time to make. I also can go up to 12 awg, although with special cable. I use the gold-plated solid pins.

Thats perfect thank you, do you have a link for the dummy plugs? The E/o dummy plugs are $45-55
As a dummy-plug you can just cut the wire off from a broken cable, and use Blackwitch on the end of the plug. Good and cheap.

Back
Top Bottom