replace my crappy computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubeedoo

Registered
Reaction score
I currently have a Dive rite b-air computer that my lamebrained cousin talked me into buying. It has no backlight, the batteries are not user servicable, and it is overly sensitive with ascent violation alarms (same ascent speed as everyone else, but mine is the only one screaming) and it is just plain junky.
Can anyone out there advise me as to what computer fits the bill of a decent, inexpensive replacement to this lemon I so frequently strap to my wrist? I'm definately NOT going to ask my cousin again!! A $600.00 mistake in judgement!:confused:

Ok - it's not TOO cheap (I purchased mine from Dive Inn (Spain) for $244) but it is wirst mounted, small, easy to read, will do Air/Nitrox and Free diving - and can double as a normal wrist watch.

Off topic - I just noticed this is my 250th post - and I got another 1/2 star! woo woo!! :D

Both are under $ 300 from Leisurepro. I've had the Dataplus for over 100 dives and it works perfectly. Easy to read, great backlight at night. Nitrox capable. The Plus 2 has an extra button which allows you to go directly to particular functions rather than waiting for them to scroll by. Worth the extra $30-40 or so. Both have a nice visual display for nitrogen loading and also your ox-tox. Wear it on the right wrist. My wife, Rocky, has one too and likes it. No problem over 65 dives. User replaceable batteries. Cheap. Nice owners manual. Very good help line. What else is there? Moxie

I am going to suggest the Cochran Commander...or if you don't need that much go with the Cochran Captain, you can get it in a console, or wrist. check out www.divecochran.com to get the info that you need. I dive a cochran Gemini+ and love it, but that sounds like more than you want for now....Have a good day, if you have any questions for me ASK :)

Narced_1 :jester:

Back
Top Bottom