Replace Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have said, anyone can look your details up online with the relevant details.

I have also gone down the route of taking photos of my cards on my phone (they are backed up to the cloud automatically and downloaded when the phone gets replaced). So, as long as I have my phone, I automatically have my cards on me.

I agree that once you have your AOW card, you can just show that instead. My OW card sits in my desk drawer along with my night diver card and the other specialty certs that were worth doing but nobody cares to see proof of.

I have a cert card from 1972 with my photo. I like to use it just to see the reaction. It's not easy to tell that it's me.

I have a cert card from 1972 with my photo. I like to use it just to see the reaction. It's not easy to tell that it's me.
My LA County card from 1970 is plastic and embossed, but not photo. I have used it a few times as a test, it has not failed, yet. Haven't tried it for a while, most of my operators don't need to see a card.
upload_2020-10-30_17-25-10.png

I go with the photos on a phone. My dive log app also lets me store copies on in my app. Everything backed up to the cloud and accessible for me on any computer if I need to get it.

Just in case I also have a paper print out of the cards in my suitcase along with a print out of all my important documents (Passport, visas, driver license etc.).

dup post deleted

Back
Top Bottom