Replace Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCK

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My old OW card broke in half horizontally. No name, only about half the diver number. I was planning to do advanced open water class in the next month or so. Is there any reason to get a new OW card if I'll have the advanced card?

Thanks

No. I lost my OW card over a decade ago. If a dive op needs to see a card, I show my AOW card (or more recently an image of the AOW card on my phone).

Any instructor or shop with internet access can look up your cert level anyway as long as it's from one of the major agencies.

Not really. AOW would imply that OW was done.

So, assuming the shop you are taking AOW with is good with half a card (or they can look you up), you’ll be fine without.

Not really. AOW would imply that OW was done.

So, assuming the shop you are taking AOW with is good with half a card (or they can look you up), you’ll be fine without.

Thanks, I looked myself up today, there is a record (from 1995).

BTW, I've scanned/downloaded/took screenshots of my cards and e-mailed them to my gmail account as attachments so they'll always be available. Copies of DAN insurance and anything else that's relevant get sent as replies. Whenever I get a new phone, I re-download all the images so I have them physically on the phone.

Reactions: Zef
What training agency? (SSI, PADI, SDI, CMAS, ....?) For a lot of agencies it's possible to find your cert online.

Back
Top Bottom