Repairing 1" cut in overlay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StreetDoctor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I have a TLS350 SS that's about 5 months old. Yesterday I noticed I have a 1" slice in the top of my right arm in the red overlay. The suit itself is still waterproof and there looks to be no damage to the actual waterproof material. I'd like to repair the overlay though so the hole doesn't get bigger. I've done a couple searches but what's the preffered method of repair that I can either do myself or have done locally?

5 months old? Would this be a warrantied item?
It's good the suit is still waterproof, that makes this a cosmetic issue. Cosmetic issues shouldn't arise at 5 months of age.
E-mail or call DUI.

I doubt it's going to be warrantied... it was due to snagging something (I believe on the surface actually). I don't want to send it out and be without a suit for a month either. If I have to I'll keep a piece of duct tape over the hole until december when I stop diving for a month

Hi Street Doctor -

I got this information back from Pam. She says to:

Patch can be placed on the outside. Just need to make sure that the patch goes 1/2" beyond the cut. Use a patch with rounded edges, so it does not peel up. If doable, a patch should be placed on the inside as well as the outside to prevent any fraying.

I bet it would look a whole lot better if we sent you a little bit of the red fabric to make the patch/s. Email Mike@DUI-Online.com with your mailing address. Also please include what type of material it is. We have red Tough Duck and red TLS material. If you are not sure... if it is similar to your TLS it is the TLS material. Tough Duck looks and feels different.

Hope this helps.

Thanks -

Kathy

Kathy thank you very much. I'm sure it'll look much better than the piece of duct tape on there now lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom