Repair a BC dump valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was extensively discussed here.
Cordura is particularly known to be hard to adhere anything. I've found that only cyanoacrilate glue can withstand, but it's rigid, so I doesn't work.
Original flanges are RF welded to the interior lining of the BCD. Usually recreational scuba BCDs the bladder is the same cordura that constitutes the BCD, so no removable bladder is inside.
As a new flange cannot be welded to the cordura, a two piece flange that presses the cordura is the way to repair the flange. That spare part ScubaFix is one way to go. It's incredible expensive. I have no experience with it, but seems to work.
Where I live, importing that ScubaFix spare is unthinkable, so I went with the 3D printing road with very good results.
I work in a recreational dive school, so our BCDs are breaking periodically, so I needed a way to repair those broken flanges and not be forced to replace a BCD so frequently. Even almost new BCDs break, so, disposing a BCD with only a broken flange was too way costly.
After several iterations I reached to a design that lasts and stands the use of a dive school. After some successful tests done deep, I started to sell the spare.
Unfortunately for you and for me I live in Argentina, where exporting such a spare to you would be as costly for you as a new BCD.

This was extensively discussed here.
Cordura is particularly known to be hard to adhere anything. I've found that only cyanoacrilate glue can withstand, but it's rigid, so I doesn't work.
Original flanges are RF welded to the interior lining of the BCD. Usually recreational scuba BCDs the bladder is the same cordura that constitutes the BCD, so no removable bladder is inside.
As a new flange cannot be welded to the cordura, a two piece flange that presses the cordura is the way to repair the flange. That spare part ScubaFix is one way to go. It's incredible expensive. I have no experience with it, but seems to work.
Where I live, importing that ScubaFix spare is unthinkable, so I went with the 3D printing road with very good results.
I work in a recreational dive school, so our BCDs are breaking periodically, so I needed a way to repair those broken flanges and not be forced to replace a BCD so frequently. Even almost new BCDs break, so, disposing a BCD with only a broken flange was too way costly.
After several iterations I reached to a design that lasts and stands the use of a dive school. After some successful tests done deep, I started to sell the spare.
Unfortunately for you and for me I live in Argentina, where exporting such a spare to you would be as costly for you as a new BCD.
Thanks for the info. Fortunately for us, just water separates us so someday we will meet!

Thanks for the info. Fortunately for us, just water separates us so someday we will meet!
Not just water, politics and government ideologies separate us, which is even deeper and farther.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom