Renting fins on Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, quick question:

My gf and I are going to Kauai here a few weeks and she doesn't have any personal gear. We'll be picking up a mask and snorkel for her before we go, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to rent fins in Kauai or if we should just purchase them beforehand.

She doesn't dive or spend time in the water unless we're on vacation. However we'll be doing a lot of snorkeling while there and she'll be doing a discover scuba class too.

Is there a place where we can do a week long rental of fins? How much would we expect to pay?

When a few of my family members came to visit, we rented through Snorkel Bob's and had a positive experience.
They have locations on Kauai. Various packages available with rates around $22 per week.
Snorkel Bob's | Hawaii Store Locations

You can also buy inexpensive sets at many places but I'm not sure about quality.

There is also Boss Frogs and the full-on dive shops, such as Fathom Five.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way back in '90, when I moved to Kauai, Snorkel Bob's was also renting Cressi free dive fins. I rented them one time and then asked if they would sell them. My memory is that my first fins cost $75 (half price); can't remember if the rental charge was included. Now I only use my third pair of Cressi free dive fins.

You can buy snorkel gear from Walmart there cheap too. I would guess Costco has snorkel stuff too, and it would be my preference for shopping adventures.

all the dive shops here rent fins, as well as snorkle bobs and boss frogs as well as a few other places, just look around all sorts of signs on the side of the road. most places are close in price, you could also go to any of the marts, ie k or wal as well as costco and buy a cheap set.

Thanks guys. Good to know renting is reasonable. I may very well rent fins myself too since they're so bulky to pack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom