Removing SPG from console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

Popped it out, swapped the torn o-ring...good to go!! I think it was 7 minutes...but I was distracted with beer at the time.

So beer free it's a five minute job? :D

Hell, for the extra two minutes, I'll down a pint or two of Killians while I'm working on it!

I'll let you guys know how it goes. Evad, remember that boot pic if you can.

Scott

Just make SURE you don't disconnect the nut On the gauge. It will
kind of explode as a failsafe and can't be put back together. Not even with all the kings men.

Goodby to the rubber brick. No one will miss it. Its kinda sad really.

evad once bubbled...
Goodby to the rubber brick. No one will miss it. Its kinda sad really.

You sound like that IKEA commercial :D

I've never seen said commercial but, since you were smiling when you said that, I'll try to post picture of DIY boot. I've never seen it done before but it works so well, it allmost looks store-bought. Oh boy!

Yes, it was meant to be funny. If you ever see it, you'll know it was the one I was talking about, and hopefully get a good chuckle :wink:

ScottyK, did you figure out how to remove the consoles?

I kept the console just in case I wanted to switch back. I was seriously mistaken. You will be sooooo much happier without the console. The only improvement to the suggestions on Scubaboard that could think of is using bungie wrapped with surgical tubing. I also have a tupperware container in which I store all my wrist stuff to help me with my pre and post dive routine.

hantzu701 once bubbled...
ScottyK, did you figure out how to remove the consoles?

I'm going to do it over the weekend, and I promise to do a follow up with the results.

I also have a tupperware container in which I store all my wrist stuff to help me with my pre and post dive routine.

That's a good idea. I do the same thing, but use a duffel bag with side pockets. I pack every piece of gear in a specific place, and load it all into two bins. This way I never forget anything during the early morning scramble to get on the road.

Scott

otherwise. Clip the SPG to your left chest ring. Just try it, you'll see.

Got both SPG's out with no problems :)

Jens was actually not an Oceanic console, and it was much easier to get hers out. Now I just need to figure the DIY boot out, and I'll be all set.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom