removing indelible ink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

If you live near a home center like "Home Depot". Just get some graffiti remover. There are a few different brands but this stuff is made for removing exactly what you are talking about. I use it at work all of the time. Just follow the directions and you will be like new in no time.

Mark Vlahos

If the "permanent ink" is a Sharpie pen for example, you can go over the writing with a new Sharpie. That will momentarily dissolve the old ink, and you can wipe it off real fast. It may take several times to get it all but this is really simple, really cheap and works remarkably well. It also does not destroy the surface. It shouldn't do any more harm than the original marking did.

I have used this method on sheetmetal parts at work, on Snow Skis and on Wake Board bindings.

Just something else to try,

Wristshot

lhpdiver:
Just picked up 2 almost new PST E7-100s ($199 each :) ). Any suggestions on removing previous owner's name ? Thanks
Try rubbing it with a whiteboard marker and wiping it down. I expect you will be surprised at how well it works.

Back in a past life I worked at a grocery store and Lysol spray was better at removing grocery ink than the stuff sold for that purpose. It may be worth a try if the above fails.

NetDoc:
We are working on that! :D

Can I get mine magnetized? That way when the tanks get their visual I don't have to peel them off. Give me one big enough and I'll stick it on the back of my truck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom