Question Adhesive removal from red Kraken hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer. Is that silicone on silicone? If so there may be nothing you can do. Did you try squashing and rolling the hose between your palms to loosen the glue?

Hey Y’all, I got my Kraken!!! Now I am an official ‘Kraken-Head’ … a beautiful regulator indeed. Please, folks, don’t remove the hose weights.

the ‘giantfroginthepool’

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpeg
    IMG_1198.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 34
I did try the squash and roll. Unfortunately the adhesive flexes with the squash and roll. I'll give them a try and see if there's any issues.

Welcome to the Kraken club Scott.

Try using WD40. It works as a "debonder" but is mild on hoses and stuff like that. It gets between the adhesive the base material.

I did try the squash and roll. Unfortunately the adhesive flexes with the squash and roll. I'll give them a try and see if there's any issues.

Welcome to the Kraken club Scott.
My pleasure, EberWolf. …a goal for me at last. A new regulator for me to ‘learn’…not just dive. Possibly try a drop or small smear on the edge of the hose on the exhaust side near to the regulator ’horn’ and observe for chemical breakdown or other signs of stress near the end of the hose not into the ‘body’ of the hose. These hoses are not easy to find so don’t ‘sacrifice‘ the hose material. The decision is up to you. My choice is replace the hose weights at the place they were originally. Mine are secure with no adhesive.

Just put the weights back on and then purchase the hose covers from The SCUBA Museum or have some custom red covers sewn up. And do not put adhesive of any sort on the hoses, good grief, why would anyone do that :no:. The hose weights are optional but do tame the floaties.

Just put the weights back on and then purchase the hose covers from The SCUBA Museum or have some custom red covers sewn up. And do not put adhesive of any sort on the hoses, good grief, why would anyone do that :no:. The hose weights are optional but do tame the floaties.
I rinsed off the red hoses last night and realized they're a bit smaller (length and diameter) than the black hoses that shipped with my Kraken. The previous owner had bought the rings for the larger hose, thus he glued the rings in place. I tried one of the rings from my black hose on the red hose and it freely slides on the hose.

Anyone know where I can get (order-I'm in the middle east) the original size stainless rings? 1.5" OD 1.25"ID

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom