Question Adhesive removal from red Kraken hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Scuba Museum has the VDH rings and stainless rings are on Amazon and elsewhere.

The red hoses are the correct, historic size, your unit may have been shipped with the VDH flex hoses, edpm material, and they were slightly larger if I recall requiring a larger ring. (note that when ordering on the page linked above in product descriptions)

There are suppliers of stainless rings of various diameters on ebay.

or

Amazon.
Also check out The Scuba Museum at the bottom accessory windows. Rob has a lot of Bryan’s stuff including parts. In Red, Black, and Chrome. Look in ‘On line Store’ or ‘Products’

I rinsed off the red hoses last night and realized they're a bit smaller (length and diameter) than the black hoses that shipped with my Kraken. The previous owner had bought the rings for the larger hose, thus he glued the rings in place. I tried one of the rings from my black hose on the red hose and it freely slides on the hose.

Anyone know where I can get (order-I'm in the middle east) the original size stainless rings? 1.5" OD 1.25"ID
TSM ( Rob) will ship overseas, if I remember he has things set up for this. If not, Please contact me. Scott G. Bonser. Alec Pierce of Alec Pierce SCUBA YouTube channel & I send stuff back and forth between Canada & the US quite a bit.

I used baby hair ties for a while, like Capt Lou, but the sides would always pull out and look crazy. Now I use a full hood, makes things easier.
Greetings Eberwolf,
…thought I would check in on the Kraken hoses situation. I hope that it all works out for you and that Rob was able to send you what you needed. Rob is a busy individual so I contact him when I can. I don’t have a mailing address for you in Bahrain. In case I need to send you anything it would come in handy. Thanks and have an Epic Holiday Season.

Scott G.Bonser

I have
Greetings Eberwolf,
…thought I would check in on the Kraken hoses situation. I hope that it all works out for you and that Rob was able to send you what you needed. Rob is a busy individual so I contact him when I can. I don’t have a mailing address for you in Bahrain. In case I need to send you anything it would come in handy. Thanks and have an Epic Holiday Season.

Scott G.Bonser
I have a a shipping address in the US that sends me my mail out here to Bahrain. I've bought quite a bit from Rob at the scuba museum. I missed out on a few of the Kraken items he had for sale so I make it a point to check in on the Online Store frequently. Hopefully I'll be going out Saturday for a dive. I'd like to get a few more in before the Philippines surge trip.

I have

I have a a shipping address in the US that sends me my mail out here to Bahrain. I've bought quite a bit from Rob at the scuba museum. I missed out on a few of the Kraken items he had for sale so I make it a point to check in on the Online Store frequently. Hopefully I'll be going out Saturday for a dive. I'd like to get a few more in before the Philippines surge trip.
Sounds great, I really would like to dive your part of the world one day. Good reports from my family PA.

Back
Top Bottom