Removing cuff rings on my drysuit.....how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sirpatty79

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I bought a Zeagle Expedition drysuit not long ago.....man is it a beautiful thing...dry diving....even here in Florida. There's only one little downside to the suit, and that is that it has cuff rings on the wrists. Great for ease of seal replacement, but man are they bulky! They make getting into and out of my harness a real PITA. I would like to get rid of them and replace them with regular non-ringed wrist seals, but I'm not sure how. Not sure how to remove the ring system that is. I can easily glue on a new seal once they're off, no problem there. I want to make sure I don't make any permanent mistakes, however, when I remove the ring system. Check out these pics I attached and anyone who has done this type of alteration please chime in to help the new drysuit diver here. Thanks a lot guys and gals!

Hi Sirpatty,

I have been dealing with the same issue for 2 years and just this week I finally took my suit in to get it changed over to regular seals. I have a DUI CLX-450 with the SI-5 glove system and the rings look very similar to yours. I had another issue with my suit being too long in the sleeves so it made things easier since they need to cut off some of the length to get the rings off. I am lucky to have a local drysuit manufacturer here in town so I can take the suit in and show them what I need and I know they know what they are doing, even though they didn't make the suit originally.

I was diving out in Florida a few years ago and needed a wrist seal replaced and I was referred to a guy up near Gainsville who works on drysuits out of his garage. He was very helpfull and looked like he knew what he was doing. I don't know how to contact him but you might try asking around the local dive shops there or call over to Hal Watts 40 Fathom Grotto and ask for Dan, he was the one who referred me to this guy. All I remember was the guy lived near the university in Gainsville and had every different type of seal and drysuits everywhere!!

Good Luck!!

Brian

Contact Steve Gamble of Gamble Scuba if you want to stay local. There is also Superior Drysuit repair - awsome work as well.

Back
Top Bottom