Remove the PST Sticker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken,

Yeah, I noticed the difference from the used PST tank to the brand new one. Wow what a shine on the brand new PST!! Sticker has been removed and, once my knee is 100%(recent surgery), I'll be dulling that thing up in no time.

LobstaMan

PS Previous tanks were steel 72s(dull as the day is long)...no candy-colored cylinders here!

Mo2vation:
You've moved into the world of the PST steel tank - the 7th heaven where real divers dwell, free from the vexing view of jellybean colored aluminum tanks and wacky dive skins sporting colors not found in nature. Revel in your enlightenment, and proudly display the tank that will slowly lose that earthly luster and take on the dull gray color that God intended all tanks to have. You are diving PST tanks - the tanks of kings.

Kill the sticker.

---
Ken

ah i love it..well put:D

...and yes..the dull grey is unavoidable...

Yea, I waited too long and I had to scrape the living S%$%t out of it to get it off. I used one of the things that holds a razor blade. (?) I think it's some sort of paint scrapper.

-Chris

Thanks for the tips, I figured it was a good time to mess with the gear since the weather's not much good for diving today.

Removed the stickers from our 4 E7-80s. After 4 months and about 25 dives each they were tenacious! The hair dryer got then rolling off though. That glue was somehting else, it laughed at WD-40, laquer thinnner, now that's a solvent. It took about 6 passes to get it all into solution and mopped off. All in all did the whole project with my fingernails as the most aggressive tool. Total time, about :45

The big surprise is that one of my LDS VIP stickers is AWOL. If I had seen that before I would have left the factory VIP in place, it was good until spring.

Pete

What are the legal ramifications for a shop that does inadequate viz inspections?

lord1234:
What are the legal ramifications for a shop that does inadequate viz inspections?
If worst came to worst, manslaughter.

spectrum:
Thanks for the tips, I figured it was a good time to mess with the gear since the weather's not much good for diving today.

Removed the stickers from our 4 E7-80s. After 4 months and about 25 dives each they were tenacious! The hair dryer got then rolling off though. That glue was somehting else, it laughed at WD-40, laquer thinnner, now that's a solvent. It took about 6 passes to get it all into solution and mopped off. All in all did the whole project with my fingernails as the most aggressive tool. Total time, about :45

The big surprise is that one of my LDS VIP stickers is AWOL. If I had seen that before I would have left the factory VIP in place, it was good until spring.

Pete
I have an HP120 and took the PST sticker offa it a couple of days after I had it.

Randy43068:
I have an HP120 and took the PST sticker offa it a couple of days after I had it.

Same here, I took mine off the same day it arrived and just pulled it off slowly with my hands, no knife. There was a very small amount of residue left in the corners which came quickly off with a little wd-40.

ProMed:
Same here, I took mine off the same day it arrived and just pulled it off slowly with my hands, no knife. There was a very small amount of residue left in the corners which came quickly off with a little wd-40.
I probably should do that, too. I figured it would wear off in the water, but so far it's still a little sticky.

I've discovered that the key to not leaving residue behind is to pull very slowly, so that the adhesive can fully un-stick itself from the tank, instead of being left behind. Also, it helps to scrape as little as possible, as this tends to leave sticky stuff behind.

Back
Top Bottom