Remove the PST Sticker?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DennisS:
Mine are still there after a few years, maybe they wear off. Maybe they don't.

<G> I see a few people have already stated that your tanks are not being VIP'ed properly. DO say something about it to whomever you are paying for this service... chances are their technique with internal inspection is sloppy too.

Thanks for all the replies. The consensus is remove it before you use it, so I will. Thanks.

LobstaMan

When you get it filled the tank can get warm enough to help peel it off. Razor blade works great...

On my two E8-119s I took one off immediately and left the other on. It was easier to tell them apart for the first year. I only used my fingernail to start the peel and there wasn't a significant difference in taking one off after a year and a couple dozen dives.

Regarding stickers and visuals, I always get a chuckle when I see tanks with four or five inspection stickers. Particularly when they are from more than one shop! FillExpress has a bare cylinder that failed inspection due to pitting that was hidden beneath inspection stickers.

-Rob

Well, I don't want to hijack the thread, but I don't have a "Nitrox" sticker on my own tanks. The viz sticker indicates that the tanks are ready for Oxygen service quite nicely. Now as for your question, yes, all stickers should be removed in order to properly do a visual inspection.

-Rob

Always, always, always take that stoopid PST bullseye off your tank the moment it becomes your tank.

The longer you leave it on there, the more dives you do with it on there, the longer you're going to have a big round dot - and the longer we're going to point and laugh at you. Only goobers leave that thing on there for longer than 5 minutes.

You've moved into the world of the PST steel tank - the 7th heaven where real divers dwell, free from the vexing view of jellybean colored aluminum tanks and wacky dive skins sporting colors not found in nature. Revel in your enlightenment, and proudly display the tank that will slowly lose that earthly luster and take on the dull gray color that God intended all tanks to have. You are diving PST tanks - the tanks of kings.

Kill the sticker.

---
Ken

liberato:
So, does that mean my nitrox sticker is supposed to be replaced every year, too?

Why do you think they're only $9 - $16 each for that green belly band? Surely they'd be $40 a piece if you could keep them in there for 2 or 3 years at a shot.... :10:

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom