Remembering My Dad - Gerry Green

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to follow up on my day. It was a great day. Viz was around 20 feet. Found 6 Megs, a 2", 4 between 3-4 inches and a 5.5+ cracked mostly in half. Here are some pics of the finds and a link to the video I made of all the tooth finding action.

20130519_214146.jpg20130519_215057.jpg20130519_215128.jpg20130519_215134.jpg20130519_215142.jpg20130519_215149.jpg

GoPro Venice FL - 5-19-2013 - YouTube

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts I look forward to seeing you all out there soon!

Well, it has now been two years since that day. In the past year I have seen a lot of new cool things out there. Saw a foot long sea horse, a squid, a couple nurse sharks, a hermit crab that took over a queen conch shell, found a nice 4.75" meg and probably close to 50 other 2+ inchers. Found a cell phone with working microSD card, a titanium dive knife and have become a fairly proficient kayak diver in the process. I now have 4 kids who love the water and the oldest are becoming little fossil hunters of their own. I have met a number of other divers in the process and have enjoyed exchanging stories, viz reports and just saying "hi". I couldn't make it out there today to say "hi" to my dad since it was my last day with students in my classroom, but I'm two tanking it tomorrow, hoping for some decent viz and another pile of finds to remember my dad.

Can't believe it has already been 3 years today. I miss him every day. I had to take today off work to take care of the wife and kids otherwise I'd love to be out there right now. Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to get out there and say, "Hi!"

So sorry for your loss.

I just logged in and saw this. I have no idea how you feel son, but I can tell you as a father that he is with you on your dives if he is able/allowed to be. Diving with my daughter a few years ago with a really rough exit, I overexerted pretty heavily and although I didn't tell her I was a bit worried. We heard from Cpt. Steve there was a diver who had a heart attack and passed away on the beach that same day. My only thoughts at the time were what my daughter would go through if something happened to me. I now make a point to tell her every time we're together that there is no other way I would have my life than to have spent the last with her doing something we love. I don't want to upset you or say the wrong thing, but I am absolutely positive you make him smile with your tribute and continued diving. There is joy and an unbelievable comfort in gifting the experiences you enjoy as a parent to your children and seeing your enjoyment reflected in them. Seeing your posts brings great sadness and comfort at the same time. I hope you find an amazing mammoth tooth, tusk, or a huge meg and know in that moment that he is watching you with pride and joy.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom