Remaining logged in on a public computer for over a week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I was at school today (college) and i hopped on one of the computers to check scubaboard. I haven't accessed the board from school in probably a week or more. I'm pretty sure this was not the same computer i logged in from last time. However, to my shock, when i went to the website, it said "Welcome back, DawgDiver!" :11:

How is this possible? these computers are set up to not save cookies from websites like this, yet here i was logged in from a completely different computer?! I never choose the "remember me" option when i log in from public computers. Just puzzled how this happened....

oooops??? Great question. When I'm on a school computer, I also do not have it save my login info....but never had this happen. Good luck with your solution.

DawgDiver:
So I was at school today (college) and i hopped on one of the computers to check scubaboard. I haven't accessed the board from school in probably a week or more. This was not (i think) the same computer i logged in from last time. However, to my shock, when i went to the website, it said "Welcome back, DawgDiver!" :11:

How is this possible? these computers are set up to not save cookies from websites like this, yet here i was logged in from a completely different computer?! I never choose the "remember me" option when i log in from public computers. Just puzzled how this happened....

Ask your IT support. It might be that you were the last person to use Scubaboard, and the proxy server still had the pages cached. I'm not 100% sure of this, but if it really was a different PC and one you had never used before, then proxy server cache has to be the only answer.
I would like to hear what others think.

CBulla:
Cookies baby. Did you have 'remember password' checked when you logged in?
He said...
these computers are set up to not save cookies from websites like this, yet here i was logged in from a completely different computer?! I never choose the "remember me" option when i log in from public computers.
Odd. Need to always log out on a shared computer it seems.

I had the same thing today...but it was my wife's WORK computer?!?!

(had to drop her off because of the dang snow/ice out here, and took a break for coffee in her office while she worked)

Come to think of it, I didn't "log out" on it before I left...if someone starts flirting with you Dandy Don, it ain't me! hahaha!!!

Come to think of it, I didn't "log out" on it before I left...if someone starts flirting with you Dandy Don, it ain't me! hahaha!!!
Oh, ok - just gimme her Yahoo Messeger Sn :D

I was in the airport in Vancouver a few months ago and want to the SB website and I was logged in as a member. I forget the name but I didn't recognize it and logged it out. I used one of the Pay as You Go computers set up there because my laptop battery was dead. I made sure I didn't check the "remember me" box and logged out.

Okay, Dennis, both you and someone else here (I'm sure a lot of people) have a serious problem...LOL You're paying for Internet access at an airport to get on ScubaBoard.

Pete, this truly is an 800lb gorilla!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom