Religion and scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:rofl3:
And this is exactly what I was talking about. Critical thinking goes out the window so that the preexisting belief can be preserved.

wait... i'm the one that saying the diet of a parent can determine certain physical qualities of it's offspring.. and you're saying I'M not the critical thinker...

hell why did the doctor put my wife on that specific diet when she was pregnant... next time she'll eat whatever she want's and everything will be a-ok

dfx....and phoenix

I thought this thread posed the question if you were religious or not.

I don't believe the premise was to debate who was right and who was wrong with respect to certain biblical stories.

I just joined this thread, but if this is what it's boiled down to then I would say we have drifted a long way from what the OP was asking.

R..

lol... scubaboard ... story of its life:(

Rods of magical genetically mutating aphrodisiacs? Cool. Sounds like something out of a nuclear power plant :wink:

Guys. could you take this discussion to PM's please? This thread isn't about analyzing biblical stories and I really don't want to feel pressured to move it into the pub where all of the other political and religious discussions are....

R..

Rods of magical genetically mutating aphrodisiacs? Cool. Sounds like something out of a nuclear power plant :wink:

Maternal genistein alters coat color and protects Avy mouse offspring from obesity by modifying the fetal epigenome. - PubMed - NCBI

really.. why is it so hard to believe this... this is easily acceptable in science

Nutrition and the Epigenome

"When researchers fed pregnant yellow mice a methyl-rich diet, most of her pups were brown and stayed healthy for life. These results show that the environment in the womb influences adult health. In other words, our health is not only determined by what we eat, but also what our parents ate."

These are the simple things i cant understand... when science studies it and proves it to be true, it's still questioned in the bible

Maternal genistein alters coat color and protects Avy mouse offspring from obesity by modifying the fetal epigenome. - PubMed - NCBI

really.. why is it so hard to believe this... this is easily acceptable in science

Nutrition and the Epigenome

"When researchers fed pregnant yellow mice a methyl-rich diet, most of her pups were brown and stayed healthy for life. These results show that the environment in the womb influences adult health. In other words, our health is not only determined by what we eat, but also what our parents ate."

These are the simple things i cant understand... when science studies it and proves it to be true, it's still questioned in the bible
Why yes, these scientists obviously did this by placing magic rods in the drinking water of the mice while they were mating. You're right, totally plausible.

No worries Diver0001, I'm done with this clown.

Why yes, these scientists obviously did this by placing magic rods in the drinking water of the mice while they were mating. You're right, totally plausible.

No worries Diver0001, I'm done with this clown.

why is it magic rods? what do you think scientists used? All these synthesized chemicals can be found naturally occurring... you do know that right?..

see... it always get's to there... i never said anything disrespectful to you... now i'm a clown... normal debate bro... you don't have to reduce yourself to name calling

why is it magic rods? what do you think scientists used? All these synthesized chemicals can be found naturally occurring... you do know that right?..

see... it always get's to there... i never said anything disrespectful to you... now i'm a clown... normal debate bro... you don't have to reduce yourself to name calling

Clown += 1. Because you accept an apocryphal N=1 as proof.

That's called faith, not science

I said it was magic rods. I was trying to make a joke to take the edge off.

Of course environmental factors can affect the appearance of certain animals. Flamingos are not all pink.....it depends on what they eat..... Rabbits in the arctic are not always white.... it depends on the season...... There are thousands and thousands of such examples. Some species (stone fish, chameleons, cuttlefish etc) can alter their appearance nearly instantly. Genetic modification and mutation is a well known, well researched scientific reality. These days it's even big business. There's not much to see here.

R..

:rofl3:
And this is exactly what I was talking about. Critical thinking goes out the window so that the preexisting belief can be preserved.

i agree with you: :wink::banana::biggrin::cheers::bounce::bounce4::dance:.

They take the book literally when they want to make a point and for objections, you have to interpret it. And they say it with no shame :wink:.

I am still awaiting from Trinidad and Tobago if the islander is a creationist or not :).

For some, a god is axiomatic - an undeniable foundation for all else. That is a very difficult thing to change and there is rarely a good reason to change it.

For others it is like a legal drug. I really does not matter whether it is real or placebo as long as the desired effect is achieved.

When I was much younger, I came to appreciate christianity. It gave me a head start on the trout stream.

To each his own until; your own conflicts with my own....

Those babies & children will grow up to sin, if they survive. It's in their nature.

... so in other words, they have no choice. God has already predetermined that they would grow up to be bad people, and has punished them pre-emptively ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom