Religion and scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Worth eternity to some, Agilis.

I should have been more specific. Worthless as history. There is, for only one small example out of hundreds, no evidence at all in the well documented history of Egypt for any Hebraic slavery, let alone its sudden demise.

Of course the one small example always gets discarded... As with many other things carefully discarded...

Lack of understanding has lead many to believe the Bible is contradictory as well...

It's like a 5th grade student trying to read quantum physics... Understands nothing and thinks he knows... Or maybe a genius reading comments by the 5th grade student commenting on quantum physics... Understands nothing and thinks he knows...

:wink:... I guess we'll see in the end who's right and wrong... It's a much easier debate than bp/w vs jackets... Problem is when you find out it will probably be too late [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And choosing no God?... What's the plan sneak in with somebody else's God at the end?
Doesn't quite compute, but let me say this. You don't "choose" to believe or not believe. You believe because you're convinced. Let's say there is a god and Pascal's wager holds true. I'm not convinced and so don't believe. I can't just "choose" to believe anyway. I can pretend to be a believer, go to mass, worship etc, but I still wouldn't actually believe it. Surely an omniscient god would see through this deception, wouldn't she? Also, an omniscient god surely would know what it would take to convince me. But somehow, it's not there.

Doesn't quite compute, but let me say this. You don't "choose" to believe or not believe. You believe because you're convinced. Let's say there is a god and Pascal's wager holds true. I'm not convinced and so don't believe. I can't just "choose" to believe anyway. I can pretend to be a believer, go to mass, worship etc, but I still wouldn't actually believe it. Surely an omniscient god would see through this deception, wouldn't she? Also, an omniscient god surely would know what it would take to convince me. But somehow, it's not there.

And that proves my previous point... You choose everything... And you always have a choice... You are not convinced to believe... Some people are convinced but unless they make the choice it usually doesn't end up being well... It's not truly believing

Of course the one small example always gets discarded... As with many other things carefully discarded...

Lack of understanding has lead many to believe the Bible is contradictory as well...
Lack of understanding eh? Perhaps your superior understanding can explain away all these. Good luck.

Not that it matters though. Even if the bible were free of any contradictions and impeccable in every way, that still wouldn't lend any credence to the divinity claims and claims of the supernatural it makes.

---------- Post added July 15th, 2015 at 06:53 PM ----------

And that proves my previous point... You choose everything... And you always have a choice... You are not convinced to believe... Some people are convinced but unless they make the choice it usually doesn't end up being well... It's not truly believing
You don't seem to understand the point I made.

Yea Yea and the earth was once the center of the universe to those that didn't understand (religious people like)... Someone with a better understand of these things figured out it wasn't... Just like other people figured out there's a greater existence...

---------- Post added July 15th, 2015 at 06:56 PM ----------

And btw... As far as Christianity goes... The greatest power given to man is choice... So don't bank on the... If God knew this would make me believe in him he would do such and such... He does what he does... And you choose what you choose... And the end of the day you're given every opportunity to choose to believe

Yea Yea and the earth was once the center of the universe to those that didn't understand (religious people like)... Someone with a better understand of these things figured out it wasn't... Just like other people figured out there's a greater existence...
They have?? You mean like they've figured out that bats are just another kind of bird? Oh wait..

Yes they also figured out that going to the horizon doesn't make you fall off the earth either... Or wait they discovered that by accident... Had nothing to do with understanding... Oops

Yes they also figured out that going to the horizon doesn't make you fall off the earth either... Or wait they discovered that by accident... Had nothing to do with understanding... Oops
They didn't discover that by accident. They discovered that by carefully observing nature. It has everything to do with understanding. It doesn't look like you're very good at making your point lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom