Relief Valve for my drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doppler once bubbled...
Balanced is better IMHO but do remeber to open the outboard dump bolt on surfacing otherwise that Condom can get pretty bulky!!!

DD

Doppler please explain.My dry suit should be here any day now and I don't wanna have a pee pee problem.:eek:ut:

thanx
Joey

The balanced version is nice to have if you’re paranoid about the condom coming off but in my point of view it’s just added cost that isn't needed. Cavers in Florida and wreck divers in the Great Lakes have been using the unbalanced with no problems for a long time. Nothing crawls up your you know what and if you think it can then maybe you should get yourself some ear plugs and eye plugs too. What make the balanced version balanced are the check valves which can cause minor discomfort when pressed against your body as your being squeezed. Dan from Stealthdive I think will be offering the balanced and un-balanced version similar to the Rob Werner p-valve except it will be made out of solid Delrin parts and a Stainless or Brass Knurled thumb bolt for ease of operation. As usual I would suspect Dan's products will be at a cost savings compared to the rest of the market.

Most of us that are using the un-balanced version just leave the bolt a little loose with a little bit of blue locktite on it so it doesn’t loosen up anymore then where you set it and when and if you ever have a problem 1 turn and it’s closed.

By the way I'm sure the balanced version is safer but for the 0 times I have had my suit leak from the un-balnced it just isn't worth the money.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom