Suggestion Related threads, wow some are OLD!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
StSomewhere

StSomewhere

Contributor
Reaction score
Iowa, diving capital of... uh... well... uh... nev
The related threads feature is very cool... Except...

A lot of times these threads are on the order of 2 years old. So what happens is the old threads get revived.

What would everyone think about automatically locking threads with no responses in the past 3, 6, 12 months? So the history is there but the discussion is current?

Always wondered what happened to old threads..kinda know now. I would think that some have gotten deleted though.

A few threads are deleted here and there but you can still see many of our first posts... infact our very first post on this forum is still here (we had a few thousand posts on a previous system that were lost at one point) http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1 .

Tech Admin:
A few threads are deleted here and there but you can still see many of our first posts... infact our very first post on this forum is still here (we had a few thousand posts on a previous system that were lost at one point) http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1 .
The only problem with that link is according to the message I don't have enough privileges to access it!!!! I also noticed yesterday when I was trying to do a search on the book 'The Last Dive' that even though I set the search to posts a year old or older, I didn't get any results from before 2003. For some reason I seem to be blocked from older threads!?

Search results are limited to the first 500 matches so you'll only see the newer threads by default. As for thread 1 it has no value, its just a new member saying hello and someone else responding 2 years later (that may be why it got pulled -- bringing back a very old thread for no reason).

Back
Top Bottom