Regulators and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tibbs14

Registered
Reaction score
I got a newbie question about regulators and nitrox. I am about to buy scuba equipement for the first time and I soon want to move on to nitrox. I am looking at the Titan LX regulator which says its capatable with nitrox. My question is can I use this first/second stage both with a regular tank and a nitrox tank without doing anything special but screwing it on another tank? Or would I have to buy another regulator for when I dive nitrox? Thanks.

For recreational nitrox you need nothing separate. That regulator will work fine.

If you do a search on the board for "nitrox regulator" you'll find many posts that will give you more details.

MD

So I can use this regulator on a regular air tank, then same day switch it to a nitrox tank right?

tibbs14:
So I can use this regulator on a regular air tank, then same day switch it to a nitrox tank right?

Yes, it will be fine with anything 40% or below.

tibbs14:

No way, let me look for data to backup my statment. You'll be required to have the reg cleaned first..........

tibbs14:

As was said, yep. Tanks may or may not be suitable for both, depending on different things, but regs will be fine as noted by Kestrell.

MD

ShakaZulu:
No way, let me look for data to backup my statment. You'll be required to have the reg cleaned first..........

Shutup, what do you know.............ok, my mistake, please accept my humble appologies (up to 40%, no problem). Make sure you computor can handle that.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t52749.html

ShakaZulu:
Shutup, what do you know.............
Apparently a little more than originally anticipated.

Also, I can't think of any computers that are compatable with anything less than 50% nitrox. Every thing is fine, just remember when you take it isn for service that they don't mess with silicone, tell them its for nitrox.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom