Regulator Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justincase

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok i have another thread started about which regulator to buy so i want to start a thread about warranty.

So how many of you think it is ok to buy a regulator online from a place that is not an authorized dealer and not get the warranty....what are the downside? what are the upside?

Thoughts?

Well, most places that sell online that are not authorized dealers offer their own warranty anyway, so that is really not an issue. If you are determined to keep the manufacturers' useless and expensive warranty intact, you must follow the manufactures suggested service interval. However, whether or not you want to keep the useless and expensive warranty intact, learning to check your equipment is very important and will help YOU determine if your equipment needs servicing. See this link for a set of checks everyone is capable of, and should be doing: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/260452-regulator-checklist-inspection.html

The so called free parts is just a gimmick to get you to bring your regulator in for a service annually or in some cases bi-annually to lighten your wallet.

Cheers,

Couv

Let's don't do this again! Just search for Leisure Pro and every conceivable argument has been posted. The thread runs at least monthly.

Personally, I don't care about the manufacturer's warranty. Mine expired 20 years ago. I would absolutely buy that ScubaPro Mk17/G250V from LP.

Richard

No steeenking warranties here! :D

Justincase: Not your fault, but this topic does run pretty frequently. There are pros & cons with buying online, but mostly pros. The only big issue to consider is where you'll be getting your reg serviced. Locally, mail it off, or service yourself?

All of my regs have been bought online. The last three were bought used on ebay. I knew what I wanted (brand and models), and do service my own regs, so warranty does not concern me in the least.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide!

Best Wishes.

I have a slightly different take.

I use an Atomic reg, which you can't get discounted online (or, at least you're not supposed to be able to but I'm sure there's a way around it somewhere). So I bought it from my LDS. Yes, I'm sure I paid more for it than I had to but I didn't mind because my LDS folks have helped me and my family in so many ways.

But I couldn't care less about the warranty, although it's supposed to be a darn good one. Two years or 300 dives and not dependent on service. I'll just have the thing serviced when it needs it and not worry in the meantime.

After all, I'll almost certainly corrode before my reg does. :shakehead:

I'm not an LP basher. Over the years I've bought some gear from them. Some of their deals were just too good to pass up. But I do try to support my LDS as much as I can.

thank you all for the comments ...and I apologize for not searching prior....

Well it all sounds good ..

bye the way Downing with my research I have found an Atomic dealer that sells on line that is super cheap.. Atomic Z2x with Z2 Octo, gauge console, and regulator bag for less than 650 Shipped ..I too like to support my hobbies local interests as well and i will for sure as long as it makes sense

Let's don't do this again! Just search for Leisure Pro and every conceivable argument has been posted. The thread runs at least monthly.

Personally, I don't care about the manufacturer's warranty. Mine expired 20 years ago. I would absolutely buy that ScubaPro Mk17/G250V from LP.

Richard

LOL good point on the Scuba Pro ..

...and I apologize for not searching prior....

Hello Justincase,

I can understand where some people get chafed at seeing a question asked over and over and wondering why the search feature is not used in lieu of a question. I have a different take; ask away! I have discovered volumes of information here because someone asked a question I would not have thought to ask. When I see a question that I've seen asked lots of times, I either proved a link to the post where the question is answered, I give my answer, or in some cases I use my cut and paste advise. When I get tired of doing that, I simply ignore to question.

Ask away….who knows, some other new member here may have a fresh take on a worn out subject.

While I'm thinking about it, how about providing a link to the online vendor where you found the deal on Atomics and another link to where you found your answer.

Cheers,

Couv

Hello Justincase,

I can understand where some people get chafed at seeing a question asked over and over and wondering why the search feature is not used in lieu of a question. I have a different take; ask away! I have discovered volumes of information here because someone asked a question I would not have thought to ask. When I see a question that I've seen asked lots of times, I either proved a link to the post where the question is answered, I give my answer, or in some cases I use my cut and paste advise. When I get tired of doing that, I simply ignore to question.

Ask away….who knows, some other new member here may have a fresh take on a worn out subject.

While I'm thinking about it, how about providing a link to the online vendor where you found the deal on Atomics and another link to where you found your answer.

Cheers,

Couv

You have PM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom