regulator suggestions for stage tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

92AC68B7-7D2E-433B-A303-41B90A1BA861.jpeg 649BD61C-5F2B-422D-8C12-928597D083F7.jpeg

What I use and I love them. Never had any issues.
MK2 + R195
MK2 + XTX40

Nice to know. How does it breathe? hard?

I started with the older Model MK2. I find these EVOs much easier to breathe. Most of the times my deco mixes are 50/100 so I only use them between 70 and 20 FSW anyways.

Not as good. But we’re really being nitpicky here.

the only SP reg that has **** routing is the mk2.
You are nitpicky here :)
Which mk2? The one with 4 LP or the one with 3?

hi done with fundamentals phew....aftera week of rest im itching for another training.
Im planning to take tdi advance nitrox and tdi decompression procedures.

currently using scubapro mk25 and s600 on my twin tank. What model regulator for stage? For these classes. There are 2 good dealers here. Halcyon and scubapro. Yes theyre the same. But the halcyon is cheaper.... is it not a nightmare to mix brands? Do i really need mk25 or H75 ?i was thinking one of the lower models. mk17? Mk11? Mk21? H50? 2nd stage?

will probably take classes april or may. So i can still get dives in between. I live in the Philippines. A tropical country and can do dives every week

Really any reg can be a deco reg so if your pressed for money then just pick up an MK17 or MK11. If you have the money then sure get the MK25 to keep things simple and have everything the same as what you already have. The hose routing is a matter of personal preference some people hate swivels some love them so that is up to you to decide.

One major thing for you to consider since you live in Asia is parts and service. Since your in the Philippine I would say stick with SP since you already have MK25's. I lived in Asia for several years and still part time do and spend alot of time in Egypt and Europe as well. From my experience you can always find SP or Apeks parts at any tec diving destination in those parts of the world. Halcyon and Poseidon no problem in Europe but in Asia it can be tricky and as you know living in the Philippines trying to get things shipped to you is a mission plus tax is a killer unless your in HK. This was one of my main reasons I chose Apeks regs was availably of parts and ease of service in Asia, Europe, Australia, and Egypt. I would say SP is about the same. Also having spent alot of time tec diving all over those parts of the world I would say the vast majority of people are running Apeks or SP regs (with the exception of the US seems to be a lot more verity of regs being used there) and most are like me they carry alot of spare parts so you can pretty much count on someone having what you need if you don't have it or they are more than happy to help you fix it if you are not to sure.

Really any reg can be a deco reg so if your pressed for money then just pick up an MK17 or MK11. If you have the money then sure get the MK25 to keep things simple and have everything the same as what you already have. The hose routing is a matter of personal preference some people hate swivels some love them so that is up to you to decide.

One major thing for you to consider since you live in Asia is parts and service. Since your in the Philippine I would say stick with SP since you already have MK25's. I lived in Asia for several years and still part time do and spend alot of time in Egypt and Europe as well. From my experience you can always find SP or Apeks parts at any tec diving destination in those parts of the world. Halcyon and Poseidon no problem in Europe but in Asia it can be tricky and as you know living in the Philippines trying to get things shipped to you is a mission plus tax is a killer unless your in HK. This was one of my main reasons I chose Apeks regs was availably of parts and ease of service in Asia, Europe, Australia, and Egypt. I would say SP is about the same. Also having spent alot of time tec diving all over those parts of the world I would say the vast majority of people are running Apeks or SP regs (with the exception of the US seems to be a lot more verity of regs being used there) and most are like me they carry alot of spare parts so you can pretty much count on someone having what you need if you don't have it or they are more than happy to help you fix it if you are not to sure.
Was able to buy a used halcyon h75.
And after a few days. One of my friends who stopped diving gave me an alum40 stage tank with mk2 and r195

Was able to buy a used halcyon h75.
And after a few days. One of my friends who stopped diving gave me an alum40 stage tank with mk2 and r195
Good 'score'. That will do the job.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom