regulator suggestions for stage tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as an asthmatic all
my life, (since i was 5 ) . i have this fear or phobia of not being able to breathe. yes i maintain my health with constant physical actuvities. But breathing on a regulator that requires effort scares me a bit...

an example would be fundamentals s-drills. my buddy prefers his regulators H75 w balanced 2nd stage fully closed. when i was on the receiving end. i got startled.... and when he was the receiving end of my regulator he was startled with the “too loose” regulator.

yes people have cautioned me with being in this sport... that its a very health hazard for my condition.... but again i finished a half ironman... sometimes we just challenge ourselves, but with a little caution

Asthma.
Do you have to pass a diving medical to dive in the Philippines?
What type of asthma do you have, do you have to a have a normal pulmonary function tests ?
Also does your instructor, course director, buddies [whatever] know of this and are OK with it?

Asthma.
Do you have to pass a diving medical to dive in the Philippines?
What type of asthma do you have, do you have to a have a normal pulmonary function tests ?
Also does your instructor, course director, buddies [whatever] know of this and are OK with it?
Nobody asked for a medical but iv always declared it. With the activities that i do. Everyone who has met me has been surprised that i have asthma. I dont look like the sickly boy that i once looked. Im in constant contact with my family doctor who at the same time is my uncle and knows me since birth. As well as doctor friends who knows of my conditiond.

as someone who did triathlon a few years. I can outswim most of my buddies. So they never asked lol.
What kind of asthma? Hmmm the one where you cant breathe i do carry an inhaler with me everyday. A puff before a dive for insurance.

What kind of asthma? Hmmm the one where you cant breathe i do carry an inhaler with me everyday. A puff before a dive for insurance.
I am not a physician.
I would think the exercise induced asthma would be "a problem" scuba diving.
  • Nocturnal asthma: This is the most common type of asthma. ...
  • Exercise-induced asthma or exercise-induced bronchoconstriction: Physical exertion of patients during an exercise can trigger asthma in some cases. ...
  • Allergic asthma/seasonal asthma: Inhaling allergens is the most common trigger for inducing allergic asthma.

Ha
Not as good. But we’re really being nitpicky here.

the only SP reg that has **** routing is the mk2.
haha ok. Iv crossed off the list the mk2

boils down to mk11, mk17, or mk21... mk21 the only reason is overhaul kit matches mt mk25

So mk17 doesnt route well as a stage regulator?
yes correct. they moved the ports and the hoses stick out more.
it's enough that, for me, I wont buy them. I'd rather use mk16 or a mk25 which tend to be cheaper on the used market anyway

do
yes correct. they moved the ports and the hoses stick out more.
it's enough that, for me, I wont buy them. I'd rather use mk16 or a mk25 which tend to be cheaper on the used market anyway
you guys havve by any chance a picture of how mk17 or mk11 looks as stage vs a mk25?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom