Regulator Servicing - Hose O Ring Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An old dental pick [which is stronger than the usual scuba picks] works and lasts longer...They can be found at Flea Markets, on-line, or ask your dentist if they have an old one...They make them with all kinds of bends/twists/angles........

j2s
An old dental pick [which is stronger than the usual scuba picks] works and lasts longer...They can be found at Flea Markets, on-line, or ask your dentist if they have an old one...They make them with all kinds of bends/twists/angles........

Flea markets are very thin on the ground here! Always keeping my eye out but never seen a way to get hold of any this way!

Kunundrum
Sometime for some stubborn O-Rings I can't grab easily I cut with a hobby knife and pull out with a pair of tweezers.

The O Ring in particular here i cant see how i could get a knife in to cut it! Need that "get in a small space and turn a corner and still catch it" to get out.

I will try a few of the options here and add them to my personal and work collections and see how they work out. The big diesel engineer next door has some snap on tool stickers about the workshop so ill ask him if he gets a rep visiting at all maybe i can get some direct for cheap too! After all cant have too many tools!

Back
Top Bottom