Regulator Servicing - Hose O Ring Tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeke XA3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Queensland - Australia - Most of the time
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hey guys, im begining to have huge troubles extracting the O-Rings from the end of the regulator hoses. I used to have a very small sharp pick that was great for getting these out. However it has begun to bend and the mm or so that has been lost to the bend means that sometimes it take several minutes of digging before i can extract an O Ring or worse, last time i actually threw away a good hose purely because i could not extract the O Ring to replace it as part of a service.

Does anyone have any tricks or special picks they use to get this particular O Ring out?

Those on ebay are huge and are not going to work very well overall. The ones from Scubatools work really well. But I agree with Scubatools and their shipping (to get around it ship the order to someone in the USA and have them ship it to you - works best for large orders). I also use this pick:

Plastic O-ring Pick, Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Which being plastic I can root around all I want and not damage the reg.

....they're not that big, just a little bit bigger than the dentist type.
I've been using the Snap On set for 10 years and haven't had an o ring defeat me.
Actually the only 2 that I use are the right angle and the one with the double bend.

Sometime for some stubborn O-Rings I can't grab easily I cut with a hobby knife and pull out with a pair of tweezers.

Back
Top Bottom