Regulator Service Technician Training - Unrestricted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The course is already paying off for me. My wife just noticed our expensive Hansgrohe kitchen sink faucet was leaking into the cabinet below. I traced the leak to where the extension hose attached to the faucet head, unscrewed it and found corroded brass and an o-ring seal. I carefully removed the o-ring, cleaned everything with vinegar, brass picks and paper towels, and reassembled after a very light application of Christolube. No more leak.

I even had an o-ring of the correct size in the kit Robert sent me, although it was a 90 duro and the original felt like a 75 so I elected to reuse it.

I'm a pretty frugal person but I don't understand this goal to do reg service without the tools. Sure there are workarounds but these tools that we are talking about doing without are not expensive in the realm of scuba diving.

I always say that if a project doesn't require me to buy new tools, its a project not worth doing.

"Reg service is beautiful and calming. It is meditative and opens your soul to the flow of the Universe."

That is, until a minuscule stop screw (#2875) drops, bounces twice upon a neoprene work mat; and is then flung into a pocket dimension . . .

That is, until a minuscule stop screw (#2875) drops, bounces twice upon a neoprene work mat; and then is flung into a pocket dimension . . .
That was covered in the course.

You ask rsingler's wife to find it. If she's not available, substitutions may be acceptable. I have tested this with my own wife and part #46185049 "washer - demand lever" with excellent results.

I have just had two slots open up for the Aug 27 eve, Aug 28-29 Seminar, due to summer vacation conflicts.

Please PM me if you'd like to attend. We're starting to send out preparatory e-mails regarding necessary tool purchases and advance reading.
Thanks for everyones' interest!

Is there any room in the August or October slots? Tried to go through the thread but unsure if there is room.

Is there any room in the August or October slots? Tried to go through the thread but unsure if there is room.
You must be living right! :thumb:
I just today got a note from one participant who had to back out of the August seminar! Drop me a PM.

Summer's tough on schedules!
Just had one last-minute cancellation for someone whose daughter is heading off to college that weekend. It'll take some quick footwork to order tools, but there's still time!
One slot for Aug 27 eve (short session), Aug 28-29.

Round #4 is already full for ?Late Oct/early November, and Round #3 is an odd-hours seminar for international participants, so grab it while you can. PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom