Regulator Service Technician Training - Unrestricted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I moved you up from the January class and forwarded the emails that just went out.
Sorry. Can you move me down again for January? I just got notified that I need to do a work related travel to the British Virgin Islands during those days.

Again, sorry for the change.

Well, @couv and I have finished our first year's run with a bang. Another great group of participants this weekend that kept the discussion going long in to NFL playoff time, lol! :eek: Thank God for my DVR recorder! :D

We've now had five seminars that have graduated 40 participants from the U.S. and Puerto Rico, and all over the globe! Folks have joined us from Canada, Finland, Germany, Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Chile, Aruba and Australia. It's been exhilarating! I think our remote process has improved greatly over the five seminars (especially since we instituted using OBS Studio to handle the graphics and audio, instead of Zoom's native capability). It's still all too much for one guy in a tiny room to handle, but everyone has been very gracious when Zoom crashed or I spilled water all over the floor before the cracking effort demonstration.

Of course, this still remains inferior to the way I'm used to teaching: with in-person participants and hands-on collaboration solving individual reg problems. That said, it's been exciting seeing so many brands of equipment in one place at once. That has vastly improved the experience for folks who only dive one type of regulator. I think it all actually worked out, and may be the wave of the future.

Sadly, I need to take a break. The necessary preparation time (not to mention the 20 hours of sessions each time) has made my spouse draw the line for a little while. I'm going to take a break now that COVID may finally be allowing the world to start to reopen. There are a few folks who have contacted me, and I'm not stopping. But I think the next sessions won't start up until the summer. My apologies to the folks I couldn't fit in over the past nine months, and to all the repair customers who have had to wait on their reg sets.

If you're still interested, send an e-mail to napascuba@gmail.com and I'll put you on the list to be pinged a couple of months ahead of the next seminar. We'll have at least two more sessions, so I can continue keeping the class down to ten at a time. That seems to be an optimum size for a variety of questions, while still allowing small enough groups for @couv and me to give individual attention to reassembly or tuning challenges. I'll start a new thread when I have dates laid out.

In additional news, Chris Richardson has added me to the list of official Deep Six instructors, so for those of you out on the left coast, we can have in-person official certification classes for his wonderful brand in the not-too-distant future!

Thanks again to all of you for your enthusiastic support! It's been a ball.
Long live DIY!!

Rob, thank you for the kind words-but you do ALL of the Work. I'm just there to be the eye candy and to throw in a few puns.

You've done an outstanding job and I'm appreciative of you letting me be a part of it.

Couv

In additional news, Chris Richardson has added me to the list of official Deep Six instructors, so for those of you out on the left coast, we can have in-person official certification classes for his wonderful brand in the not-too-distant future!

I have an idea that will enable me to attend one of these: while I attend this in person seminar, my wife goes wine tasting with her girlfriends.

Great seminar Rob! As someone new to regulator servicing, it was great to watch. I look forward to watching the recordings multiple times. There's just so many useful tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom