Regulator record - anyone beat this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 8, Who needs a SPG, Drysuit hose and Wing hose lets just use all regs and make sure we are super safe... Sorry for the flame but I could not help it cheers
Chris

Warren_L:
Agencies don't certify divers - instructors do, which I suspect is the problem here.

Wrong... my card doesn't say, "Certified by Bob the Wonder Squid"... it sez' SSI... or PADI... or NAUI... instructors are just agents of the dark forces bound by whatever rules they agreed to be bound by... :popcorn: But... I realize that what you're probably saying is that some instructors tend to take the already lax and simplistic standards and, being progressive and forward thinking in their views... tend to get a bit ahead of the agencies curve...

My cards have the name of the instructor as well as the agency. Especially in Tech, being trained by a well known instructor makes things run smoother when you go to other places to dive. YMMV

almitywife:
so if the other couple was a swimwear model material would you have made a comment about it?

cheers

If she was swimwear model material the OP wouldnt have even noticed her 4 regs.

J.R.:
Wrong... my card doesn't say, "Certified by Bob the Wonder Squid"... it sez' SSI... or PADI... or NAUI... instructors are just agents of the dark forces bound by whatever rules they agreed to be bound by... :popcorn: But... I realize that what you're probably saying is that some instructors tend to take the already lax and simplistic standards and, being progressive and forward thinking in their views... tend to get a bit ahead of the agencies curve...

It depends on what you interpret as "certify" to be. To me, an agency does not evalutate student skills and ensures that they meet agency standards before signing off on the student's certification. Afterall, it's not the agency's signature that goes on the application. And if your name is indeed "Bob the Wonder Squid", then yes, it will appear on the certification card.

Warren_L:
It depends on what you interpret as "certify" to be. To me, an agency does not evalutate student skills and ensures that they meet agency standards before signing off on the student's certification. Afterall, it's not the agency's signature that goes on the application. And if your name is indeed "Bob the Wonder Squid", then yes, it will appear on the certification card.

Yea... I know what you're saying... but the instructor is acting *in agency* for the agency... ie., they must follow agency minimums, standards and practices. The instructors don't make the rules... they follow them. It's the agencies responsibility to oversee the operations of their members and to ensure standards are being met...

... now, whether or not they're actually doing this... that's a whole nuther' kettle of squid... but I think you'll find that *legally* the instructor is simply attesting to the certifying agency that the agency's requirements for training have been met... the agency, acting on the word of the instructor... then certifies the diver.

fisherdvm:
I am glad they made it back OK. Was the 4 regs on a H valve? Or did they came off the same first stage? I wonder if she knew how long her air would last if she had a freeflow like the last time?

I was curious of the same thing... If they didn't have redundant 1st stages on an H valve, having 4 2nd stages was kinda pointless....

I wonder with the spare-air, if they fell victum to buying gear without knowing anything about it, or victum of a dive shop that will sell gear for anything, even the wrong gear.

I love the comment one person said about "did you take pictures" though.

Back
Top Bottom