Regulator Prob "in my head"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
oh...to walter, because they are usually right, I have usually discovered the hard way.
The regs that are bad are the ones where the mouthpiece cannot be spread apart. You need to be able to spread them apart if the diver toxes and you have to hold the reg over his mouth/lips.

This is a big concern when you could tox in deco (stick 100% in your mouth at 70 ft), but not that big of a deal for normal rec diving.

catherine96821:
Sea Cure...I wonder if that is what I have?
The Sea cure is the one that you mold to your teeth to make a perfect fit.

catherine96821:
I will google that....nobody puts them on their bungeed, do they? My mouthpieces, the rubber ones on the necklace reg rot off very fast! They get brittle and just literally fall off..the mouth part.
The bungied reg is "your" reg. Put whatever you want on it. If you have to donate it, the dive has gone real real real bad.

oh yea, I have the Sea Cure.

Don't know why I was calling it the Epi-Cure.

It would not spread, it is rigid. Okay...I see the problem now in an emergency. That could be an issue...

I like the molded ones because when the hose snags (IF, of course my hose never does) it does not get pulled out. Or somebody kicks your face.

I am currently working hard on doffing my bc in the water and the little soft short mouthpeices are not secure enough while my gear is floating free and I am unwrapping hoses....(I need the reg in my mouth)

Very impressed with guys that can do this swiftly and neatly...

RockJock does it like this (I think)

fins stay on (of course)

you are at the stern of the boat

you remove reg and replace with necklace.

You unwrap long hose (for me from under knife on waste webbing.) by spinning once.

Your switch regs in your mouth.

You remove necklace.

You fall forward and drop from your shoulders from webbing by sinking, long hose reg still in mouth.

then, you pass it to your boat guy and remove your weight belt.

This can go very badly or it can be a beautiful thing.

then, if you are really cool...you frog kick one big one and place your butt on the stern with a twist and minimal arm strength.

I would welcome suggestions from non-swim step divers out there in BP/W's. (kayak divers in backplates? ninja)

My new goal.

JeffG:
All this talk about sharks is annoying me. I still haven't seen one.

Sorry, bro ... you should have dove with me.

Catheine ... your problem is REAL ! Get a new reg ASAP and send me your old one :wink:

riguerin:
Had to teach a monkey to fly...oops use a drysuit :wink:

Next time though.

riguerin:

Catheine ... your problem is REAL ! Get a new reg ASAP and send me your old one :wink:

Yep, we saw horned sharks! :D

Get a new reg ASAP and send me your old one

well...funy you should mention that approach. Jb says my reg is fine so I tried to trade him out of the SP 650. The most I got was that I can USE it while he is gone. But it has a short hose....

catherine96821:
But it has a short hose....
easy problem to solve with a wrench.

catherine96821:
oh...to walter, because they are usually right, I have usually discovered the hard way.

It's merely one of many good ways to dive. The fact that the DIR method works does not negate the fact that other ways work equally well and some of them have been working well for far longer.

catherine96821:
You know, Walter: something happens and you start questioning everything about your gear. JB gave me his reg to try and the hose was tooo short...everything feels WRONG down there now.

How did he give you the hose? I pass the hose as I grab the OOA diver's BC. We ascend face to face, keeping eye contact. I don't need a 7 ft hose when your face is a foot from mine.

Back
Top Bottom