Regulator kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba:
Larry, of the regulator name brands you carry, (and others you may have knowledge of, if you're so inclined) which allow you to sell reg. parts kits to the public, and which do not, if any?

There are no rules on parts... I can sell any of them...

scubatoys:

I, lairdb, of my own free will, now take the Scubatoys Pledge: excepting only nickel-and-dime stuff and emergencies, will always give Larry a fair shot at any scuba purchase I'm considering. I enter into this pledge voluntarily and unilaterally, in recognition of Larry's reward-worthy business practices, as demonstrated in over a thousand posts to this community and in many times that number of transactions.

scubatoys:

Most unfortunately when I was young and naive in diving I bought a SCUBAPRO regulator. Now I am having difficulty finding parts for the reg and look forward to a distributor like you picking up the line. Keep up the good work Larry and keep crushing the competition.

scubamate:
You're kidding, right?!!! That is way to cool. Even being a service tech (factory trained), for several different brands, I didn't know that!

So if I need parts for Oceanic or Zeagle, I can get them?!!

The catch is you will have to find someone willing to sell tham to you. But now you will fully unsderstand that "I can't" is just their nice way of telling you "I won't".

I don't know if I just got lucky or what, but I didn't have to ask too many before I found a couple LDSs that chose to make a few honest dollars from me rather than none.

yknot:
If you owned a LDS, would you want to rep a gear line that sold service items to your customers?
I would be VERY interested in that, if I was permitted by that manufacturer to charge said customers for a repair training seminar, and the parts, and I could also sell the necessary tools. I think I'd stand to make a good buck off the DIY crowd... no one said doing it yourself was going to be cheaper.

Think about it... as an LDS, would you rather sell a reg and get $30 a year to service it, or sell a reg with a $200 class on how to service it, as well a few hundred dollars worth of service tools and $10 a year in parts?

It seems like a flat out no-brianer to me. You'd still have "certified technicians" working on their own regs, the shops would still service plenty of regs for the vast majority of divers who could care less how they work, and the shops and mfgrs would both make some money on the "factory certification" courses and parts.

What's the down side? I'm not seeing it... it seems like a win/win/win for the DIY divers, LDSs, and manufacturers.

The only big change would be that instead of requiring that they be serviced annually by an authorized Zeagle dealer, they'd be serviced annually by a Zeagle authorized technician, who was presumably trained by/through a dealer.

scubamate:
You're kidding, right?!!! That is way to cool. Even being a service tech (factory trained), for several different brands, I didn't know that!

So if I need parts for Oceanic or Zeagle, I can get them?!!

If your check clears... :wink:

Dive4Life:
Most unfortunately when I was young and naive in diving I bought a SCUBAPRO regulator. Now I am having difficulty finding parts for the reg and look forward to a distributor like you picking up the line. Keep up the good work Larry and keep crushing the competition.

We do carry ScubaPro... And we service them all the time. It's just they don't allow you to sell their stuff on our pages... so it's not out there... But if you need a reg serviced... send it on over!

Well I have to say my LDS refused to service my wife's Legend because:
a. It wasn't purchased from them
b. It was purchased second hand
That is a joke, and one that means I won't be taking anything to them for servicing or tank inspection again. OK the price for my reg (also purchased second hand, but they have no problem with an old Conshelf) and tanks is minimal...but it's also easy money, they just lost! I'll support my LDS when they support me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom