Regulator Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping someone is able to help me identify the model of the Sherwood regulator I have attached pictures of. I unfortunately cannot locate my service cards for it and would like to know what the model is. The number located on the mouth piece T502638, although I think that may be the serial number. I believe the Octopus is an older model of the Minimus, but please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Cheers~

Attachments

• DSC01011.JPG
    DSC01011.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 871
  • DSC01012.JPG
    DSC01012.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 505
  • DSC01013.JPG
    DSC01013.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 468
  • DSC01014.JPG
    DSC01014.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 484
the octopus is called a shadow.

I don't recognise the 2nd stage off hand. It might be an old maximus

R..

Thanks. That helps alot with part of the identification!

Does anyone else now what the regulator might be?

Cheers~

The octo is a Shadow+

The reg could be either an Oasis or a Blizzard. I can't tell you more without looking inside the second stage. The first stages were identical. The name designation was located on the hose protector that was originally at the second stage. It dates from the late 80's-early 90's. Service parts for both stages are still readily available, but plastic parts for the second stage have not been available for some time.

IMO, the reg is one of the best breathers Sherwood has produced. The Shadow+ and similar Minimus octos are terrible breathers.

That a shadow + and a Oasis regulator, my wife use to have one. You can see the gold fins in their to retain moisture.

It's an Oasis 2 with a Shadow +. As Keyshunter has already said one of the best breathing 2nd stages that Sherwood has produced. It's a bit "plasticy" and has a tendency to creak when manipulated.

keyshunter is correct. The octo is the Shadow + and the regulator is the 3000 series Oasis. It was built in the 80's and early 90's.

Interesting - I have the identical rig, except the plastic part that goes into the second stage has "Oasis2" written on it. This is suppose to be a good breather (and I have used/tested the shadow). This is my backup reg set.

However, my Oasis+ that is earlier vintage than this one is even a better breather and is the one that I use and brag on.

Last edited:
Interesting - I have the identical rig, except the plastic part that goes into the second stage has "Oasis" written on it. This is suppose to be a good breather (and I have used/tested the shadow). This is my backup reg set.

However, my Oasis+ that is earlier vintage than this one is even a better breather and is the one that I use and brag on.

I also have the Oasis+ and agree that it is an absolutely super reg. I dive it regularly. I will probably wear out before it does. :D I also have one of the Oasis 2s in this thread and it is also a great breather. It has a bit of a large sized second stage housing but the extra long exhaust T channels really move the bubbles out of your line of vision and there is something quite comfortable about how it sits on my chin. Not a bad reg at all - and as a bonus, both of these are made in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom