Regulator Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that's alot to think about. Most of my diving is in Pensacola, and I use both MBT and Dive Pros, although I'm finding myself at MBT more often. I don't think they'll have any issue servicing, or getting service for any regs, and I'd be buying a parts kit or two just in case. As far as traveling, it'll be North America and the Caribbean - not planning any where else yet.

If you buy Deep6 regs, you'll get parts kits with them. If you buy any other brand, you probably won't be able to buy parts kits at all*. The place you get your regs serviced will have the parts.

* Dive Gear Express does sell parts kits for some Hollis, Atomic, Zeagle, Deep6, Poseidon, and Dive Rite regs. But, I don't know which models of regs within those brands that actually have kits for. Getting parts for other brands may or may not be possible or easy.

I called Deep6 - out of stock for the moment. Guess I'll put it on hold for now. As far as service, MBT here in Pensacola does in house service and will service anything they can get parts for, so not a big deal.

The scuba manufacturers need to grow up and have a tech training course that is both thorough and more comprehensive than the silly cert system they currently operate in the USA.

There are tech training courses offered by companies other than manufacturers, I think it is a liability issue more than anything else to make a tech take a manufacturer's course to become certified in that brand.

Will a shop agree to work on something their tech is not trained on? My shop won't.

Liability issues are largely a problem of the U.S and to a lesser extent other western countries. If you are diving in the Caribbean, Asia, or Africa then dive operators are much less concerned about liability. DeepSix, Hog, SeaElite, and DiveRite, are all variations on the Apeks DST design. Anyone familiar with that design should be able to properly service any of these regulators.

BTW, I am glad to see you are still on SB.

I called Deep6 - out of stock for the moment. Guess I'll put it on hold for now. As far as service, MBT here in Pensacola does in house service and will service anything they can get parts for, so not a big deal.

Depends on what you are after. We have some things in stock, others not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom