Regulator Bag Life Hack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting idea -- there was once a time, years ago, when manufacturers often provided regulator bags with their gear, and not just those ubiquitous flimsy cardboard boxes . . .

Hey there. Just a way to save some money. You can buy a jumper cable bag that is padded and is put together almost identical to a regulator specific bag. I saved 80% at least.
But if you do that, someone won't know there's something valuable in there! How are thieves supposed to make a living? Jeez.
I always hated bags with company logos on them. I pulled them off, painted over them, or just used the rattiest-looking thing I could find.

You don't need a bag just for regulators. They're not fragile. Just screw caps into the DIN connectors to protect the O-rings and then toss them into a big duffel bag with the rest of your gear. If your reg breaks from that treatment then you bought a garbage reg.

You don't need a bag just for regulators. They're not fragile. Just screw caps into the DIN connectors to protect the O-rings and then toss them into a big duffel bag with the rest of your gear. If your reg breaks from that treatment then you bought a garbage reg.
In the age of both pricey transmitters, titanium regulators, and fancy computer consoles, I would have to disagree -- and with some TSA agents making only slightly more than those handling a fryolator at the local McRat's in CA, care of luggage is about the last on their minds, with my last trek through Seattle / Tacoma, having somehow produced a 15 cm tear along the base of my duffle bag.

When I first begun, regulators were often just a single second stage and an SPG; now, many of the setups cost more than my car did in college . . .

I take the hoses off my regs. First stages go inside dive boots, second stages and spg get rolled up in T shirts, masks in fin pockets etc. Hoses go wherever they fit. I don't have precious room for a padded bag.

Yeah whatsa matter for you

007.JPG

I wrap them up and put them in a milk crate. Not great for air travel but perfect everywhere else.

I have used soft coolers before the milk crates, jumper cable bags are a good idea too. Just tell TSA it's to hot shot the plane if needed with all the stuff they have going on🤣

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom