Regular air in Nitrox tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our dive shop charges $50.00 /tank for O2 cleaning. I currently own nine O2 cleaned tanks. As they hate to do this job, they are more than happy to leave the stuff out for the technical divers at the shop and let us do our own O2 cleaning of tanks. In return, they don't charge us for it, LOL.

But, due to the fact that this job is a PITA, I am very careful to add only O2 compatible air to my tanks. The one normally has pure O2, so this is certainly not an issue with that tank.

PS our shop's prices (based on an AL80---> as tank size goes up, so the price goes)

Nitrox (pre-mix EAN36) $10.00
Air $ 6.00

Due the premix, about the only people at our shop with O2 cleaned tanks are the technical divers that require the capability to mix tri-mix or partial pressure mix deco bottles. My other tanks are O2 cleaned for the simple fact that most shops partial pressure blend their nitrox and I don't like diving straight air in my doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom