reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm going to be buying new regs for cave diving. Which do you reccommend?

Several of the cave divers I know choose the Apeks TX100. I really like Apeks regs, but I could have a hard time getting them serviced.

What do ya'll think of Oceanic? Specifically the delta3?

Thanks

have you checked into the new poseidon xtream line
awesome reg
you pay a little more for them
however you get what you pay for

I do not cave dive, but have noticed alot of them around here using Scubapro Mk25/G250's and Genesis 2000. I do not know what is required in a cave regulator set but if you are at this level I would reccomend trying a few if at all possible.

Since you are in my hometown I will tell you outright that Scubapro is not available in Gainesville. Aquatic Center is the only local authorized retailer and they will KILL YOU if they can. If you do go with this brand I personally reccomend wayne schreiber as a technician. He is certified to do this kind of work and contracts with the university. If you are looking for oceanic, lloyd baileys may have a few you can try.

-V

mgersch@cox.net:
I'm going to be buying new regs for cave diving. Which do you recommend?

Several of the cave divers I know choose the Apeks TX100. I really like Apeks regs, but I could have a hard time getting them serviced.

What do ya'll think of Oceanic? Specifically the delta3?

Thanks

I had a pair of Atomic M-1 Reg's, Din of course for my doubles . Forget the opt swivel, for me it was a waste. I did get the cave ring kit for mine, 1st stage is sealed, which is a definite plus for cave diving,,, it's a bit pricey, but my fav reg of all time, Ive had the Poseidon's, and now have a Scuba-pro MK25 and 600 , But you can't go wrong with the Atomic M-1 , just do a seach on the form's, people love them who dive them !
's

I've used MK10 then later MK20 with G250s for 10 years and have been very satisfied with their performance in all cave environments and depth. Many chose Scubapro in N FL because you'd only have to drive 20 miles to get parts if something went wrong. I know quite a few people replacing the scubapros with DiveRites,and I'd be tempted to do the same-great reg.

Also check out zeagle flathead 6 or xp with zx 2nd stage. I have 2 sets and they are awesome regs. Service wise since they are made in Florida you may Have a dealer close to you.

I've used Poseidon's, Apeks and most recently Dive Rite RG2500. I would recommend them all, they are all good breathers at depth and indestructible. However, Dive Rite regs are the easiest to service, and dive rite offers great customer support.

You need a "Poseidon Jetstream Odin" reg or a "Poseidon Thor" reg
I dont care what anybody says, these are the only regs I know of that have be shown to provide good flow no matter how hard you are breathing or how deep you are.

(oh and the odin in particular breather really rough anywear above 10 feet, but its worth it cuz it breathes great at 240! lol)

D1V3R:
You need a "Poseidon Jetstream Odin" reg or a "Poseidon Thor" reg
I dont care what anybody says, these are the only regs I know of that have be shown to provide good flow no matter how hard you are breathing or how deep you are.

(oh and the odin in particular breather really rough anywear above 10 feet, but its worth it cuz it breathes great at 240! lol)

Poseidon reg's are " upstream reg's " , If im not mistaken the odin is also. I had a Poseidon Extreme, and sold it because of that for cave diving.

The Atmoic M-1 will breath just as good at 240' as the Poseidon 's, if not better . Poseidon make a good cold water reg , their known for that, as well as good reg's, but expensive to service as well.

FLTEKDIVER:
Poseidon reg's are " upstream reg's " , If im not mistaken the odin is also. I had a Poseidon Extreme, and sold it because of that for cave diving.

The Atmoic M-1 will breath just as good at 240' as the Poseidon 's, if not better . Poseidon make a good cold water reg , their known for that, as well as good reg's, but expensive to service as well.

hi fltekdiver
only the oden or xstream SECOND STAGE is upsteram, the cyclon is down stream
none of the first stages in any brand, make them up stream or down stream
all first stages are piston or diaphragm
balanced or unbalanced
if you sold you poseidon because of the second stage
why did you not just change it to the cyklon second stage?
as far as service it costs about the same price to service a reg no matter what kind you have.
i have been diving with poseidons for the last 10 years and had never needed any hard parts, if you take care of them
the xstream has 1/4 the parts that any other poseidon has
and operates at 125 psi. intermediate pressure instead of 140 psi.
and still out performs all the other regs that are set at 140 psi intermediate pressure
also the xstream no longer needs a cold water kit
if the xstream did not breath to your taste it was because it was not adjusted to your type of diving.
hope this helps

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom